We are recruiting for our client based in the Rhyl area, who are looking for several permanent support workers for their service. This will initially be a temporary role, but if successful moving to a permanent role after a probation period.
The service requires you to primarily work in the residential area providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people in a variety of settings including classroom, education and off site activities. The job involves enabling their young people to develop by providing physical and emotional support. The role is about working as part of a team to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of their young people first. Important qualities of this role are being a good role model and conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst on duty or representing the company at outside events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To build professional relationships with the young people and other staff at your establishment and throughout
the company and disengage from these appropriately.
2. To do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will
involve domestic duties.
3. To learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following
all policies and procedures.
4. To assist young people with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the
administration of emergency ‘when required’ medication.
5. To support our young people maintain their personal cleanliness, general hygiene and appearance, this may
include intimate care, following individual care plan.
6. To keep up to date with all communication/information systems.
7. Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate.
8. To assist or be a Keyworker/Personal Tutor for 1 or more young people as required/needed.
9. To support young people towards managing their own behaviour by using the skills and approved approaches.
10. To promote equality, acknowledging individual differences and uphold the rights and responsibilities of our
young people and staff.
11. Do everything possible to safeguard our young people from any form of abuse from staff, visitors or each other.
12. To accurate reports and keep written records for monitoring purposes as required.
13. To attend all training as required and be prepared to achieve qualifications appropriate to the role at any
particular time as specified by the company.
14. To actively promote learning during all programmes and activities during residential, leisure and/or classroom
15. Attend work reliably and punctually and to follow a work pattern as required to fulfill the role which will include
early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays and be prepared to work overtime if the need arises to
maintain the quality standard.
16. To support our young people when preparing for and undergoing any transfer from one residential setting to
17. Ensure that you keep yourself up to date with all procedures and policy changes.
18. To drive company vehicle and transport young people following training and assessment (for this you will need
to hold a full driving license.
19. You have a duty (under Health & Safety Legislation) to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself
and of others. This means having an understanding of hazards in the workplace, comply with safety rules and
procedures and ensure that anything you do or don’t do puts yourself or others at risk. This includes
contributing to a safe and secure environment for our young people.
20. Undertake any other additional duties as required, which are relevant to the post
- Current rota patterns are 14 hour shifts over a 3 week rolling rota*this is subject to change in line with the business need
- 52 week contract
- 6.6 weeks Annual leave
- £9.00 p/h increasing to £9.20 after probation is successfully passed or £9.50 if you are NVQ level 3 qualified in health and social care.
If you think this might be the role for you, please call 01745 605405 and speak to any of our dedicated team to find out more.