Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you want to join a service where you can make a difference every day? If so, we have the perfect role for you! Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
We are supporting our client who provides acute adult mental health services, delivered in partnership with the local NHS trust in Nottinghamshire. After two years of successfully providing services for women, they have opened a second service in May on behalf of the Trust, for male patients and they are about to open our brand new PICU service.
The role of the Registered Mental Health Lead Nurse is to work as an effective member of the Multi-Disciplinary team. Promote the best interests of the patients and carers and ensure that prescribed nursing care is effectively implemented. Responsible for maintaining a safe care environment. Exercise professional accountability and responsibility using professional skills, knowledge and expertise in changing environments and to work within the scope of professional practice.
- Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patients condition and needs
- Provide a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Develop therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Contribute to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
- Follow all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
To be successful as an RMN, you’ll need:
- A relevant nursing qualification and registration
- Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach – our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week where flexible working patterns would be considered
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
- Joining bonus £3,000 either bonus or an e-voucher code for the Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
For more information call Natalie on 01745 605 405 option 2 or apply online and we will call you back within 24 hours!